Youth Workforce Development Advisor
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) seeks a Youth Workforce Development Advisor who will provide technical leadership and guidance for an anticipated USAID-funded, five-year, multi-million-dollar project that will foster vested ownership among young people in Ukraine's democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership around a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism. This will be achieved by supporting expanded opportunities for young people to define their future together and by strengthening their skills and an enabling environment that will empower youth to meaningfully participate in civic and economic opportunities. For the purposes of the anticipated project, youth are defined as ages 10 through 35.
Ukrainian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Hiring for this position will be contingent upon funding from USAID.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for the project objective focused on youth innovation, entrepreneurship, and career preparedness to expand economic opportunities, ensuring that interventions are high quality and evidence-based.
- Contribute to the project’s overarching vision and work-plan in collaboration with the Chief of Party, project leadership, USAID, the Government of Ukraine at national and subnational levels, young people, and other key stakeholders.
- In collaboration with project leadership, develop annual implementation plans consistent with project goals and objectives.
- Design and implement evidenced-based interventions to build the technical and life skills of young people and link them to resources and economic opportunities such as seed funding, entrepreneurship support, internships, apprenticeships, and mentorships. Interventions should be gender sensitive/transformative, align with positive youth development, and emphasize participatory and youth-led approaches.
- Build the technical capacity of young people, youth networks, youth-serving organizations, and government. Develop and implement capacity strengthening plans. Develop tools and guides to facilitate knowledge transfer. Provide technical training and support.
- Build and maintain relationships with the public sector, private sector, civil society, community-based organizations, local communities including parents, local government, and donors.
- Work with project leadership to support continuous program learning and ensure integration of measurement, monitoring and evaluation data/processes into management decision-making and policy advocacy.
- Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the project, including preparing periodic reports, providing updates on challenges facing the project, and articulating the project’s success in meeting deliverables.
- Represent the project at local, national and regional meetings, workshops and conferences and promote the project at the national level.
- Directly supervise technical staff as assigned, including providing regular professional support and coaching to supervisees, assessing their performance, and recommending areas for improvement to achieve annual objectives and project goals.
- Perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; a graduate degree in a relevant field such as education, international development, or non-profit management highly preferred.
- Eight years of relevant experience leading projects/programs focused on youth services, economic empowerment, and/or private sector development.
- Strong understanding of the economic, educational, and youth contexts in Ukraine, with a deep national network of relevant contacts across government, industry, and civil society.
- Technical leadership experience on youth development programs funded by USAID or other donors.
- Strong understanding of best practices in youth programming, including Positive Youth Development, and familiarity with USAID’s Youth in Development Policy.
- Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders including youth, government ministries and officials, NGOs, donors, the private sector, and community-based institutions, preferably in Ukraine.
- Experience developing and implementing effective capacity strengthening models and approaches for organizations and individuals.
- Knowledge of life skills and its integration into comprehensive skills building programs for youth.
- Experience supervising teams of diverse staff.
- Strong presentation, reporting, and communication skills.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Ukrainian required.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with "Ukraine - Youth Workforce Development Advisor" in the subject line:
- Completed Country Office Application for Employment Form
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Ukraine; this position is a local hire position in Ukraine. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer