The International Youth Foundation (IYF) is seeking Technical Advisors who will deliver technical assistance for an anticipated USAID-funded, five-year, multi-million dollar project that aims to support evidence-based and evidence-producing county-level models that empower youth and connect them directly to social and economic opportunities to improve their livelihoods and well-being. The project will enhance county-level youth-serving systems; form partnerships between US and Kenyan higher education institutions to develop their capacity to generate and use data to expand evidence-based and evidence-producing programs, practices, and policies related to youth; and use county-level models to strengthen systems to better engage youth and connect them to social and economic opportunities.
Technical Advisors should have expertise in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Positive youth development
- Workforce development
- Private sector development
- Higher education development
- Gender equality and social inclusion
Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Hiring for these positions will be contingent upon IYF securing funding from USAID.
- Provide technical leadership in their area of expertise, ensuring that interventions are high quality and evidence-based so that the project achieves its goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the program's overarching vision and work-plan in collaboration with project leadership, USAID, IYF/Baltimore staff, and key stakeholders, including the Government of Kenya at national, provincial and local levels; higher education institutions; and young people.
- In collaboration with project leadership, develop annual implementation plans consistent with program goals and objectives.
- Within their area of expertise, build the capacity of youth organizations, higher education institutions, and local government. Develop and implement capacity strengthening plans. Develop tools and guides to facilitate knowledge transfer. Provide technical training and support.
- Build and maintain relationships with the public sector, private sector, civil society, community-based organizations, local communities, local government, and donors as appropriate.
- Work with project leadership to support continuous program learning and ensure integration of monitoring and evaluation data into management decision-making and policy advocacy.
- Contribute to effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, providing updates on challenges facing the program, and articulating the program’s success in meeting deliverables.
- Perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A graduate degree in a relevant field such as education, international development, and non-profit management.
- Five years of relevant experience designing and implementing programs focused on research, youth services, workforce development, livelihoods, and/or private sector development, with at least four of those in Kenya or countries similar to Kenya.
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan economic, educational, and youth contexts, with a network of relevant contacts in the country.
- Experience developing and implementing effective capacity building methods.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Swahili required; fluency in other Kenyan languages a plus.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Please submit your CV in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Kenya – Technical Advisor" in the subject line:
- Completed Country Office Application for Employment Form
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Kenya; this position is a local hire position in Kenya. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer