Program Manager (Networking Mexico/Google)
The International Youth Foundation® (IYF®) stands by, for, and with young people. Founded in 1990 through a generous grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, IYF is a global nonprofit with programs directly benefiting 7.7 million young people and operations spanning 100 countries so far. Together with local community-based organizations and a network of corporate, foundation, and multilateral partners, we connect young people with opportunities to transform their lives. We believe that educated, employed, engaged young people possess the power to solve the world’s toughest problems, and we focus our youth development efforts on three linked objectives: unlocking agency, driving economic opportunity, and making systems more inclusive. Our vision is to see young people inspired and equipped to realize the future they want. The International Youth Foundation: Transforming Lives, Together.
The Program Manager will support the Program Director to ensure successful execution of his/her assigned program(s). The Program Manager will be responsible for technical oversight and input of program management including relationships with partners and stakeholders, activity design, implementation and follow up; identification of skills development needs and priorities; development of training plans, curriculum and training programs; delivery of training to subcontractors and beneficiaries; and identification of additional technical specialists as needed. Specific project implementation support may include monitoring and other administrative support activities as assigned.
- Under the supervision of Program Director supervision, implement assigned IYF program activities related to IT competencies, Innovation and digital learning initiatives (Cisco Networking Mexico, Google IT Certificate) project and support project outcomes and deliverables in accordance with IYF and donors’ rules and regulations, grant agreements and work plans.
- Oversee and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned team members and projects, including knowledge of donor rules/regulations/systems/platforms (such as the Cisco Networking Academy, Coursera and similar LMS’s) to ensure compliance, along with related IYF policies/procedures for project grants and contracts in particular.
- Assist Program Director in the development of annual plans and other documents to ensure program’s good planning and execution.
- Manage assigned team members’ activities and coordinate performance to ensure fulfilment of programs’ objectives.
- Provide technical and project management support to IYF staff (assigned and in general) and local partners working with IYF in Mexico, to ensure agreements and work plans are developed and managed in a highly effective manner.
- Monitor the implementation of program activities including the detection and resolution of any obstacles for reaching project targets so that goals are met.
- Draft program reports and contribute to periodic presentations and other communications materials. Most of these reports and presentations will need to be written in English and Spanish.
- Manage contractors under program. Develop scopes of work for contractors and process coordination related to evaluating proposals and preparation for selection. Monitor contractors and consultants in their compliance with the terms of their agreements.
- Ensure logistical organization, including planning and delivery with local partners and contractors of all capacity transfer activities including workshops, as needed.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Proven organizational skills necessary to manage multiple responsibilities. Good judgment to establish priorities for effective time management.
- Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment and discretion. Ability to identify problems and demonstrate creativity and flexibility in addressing problems, works well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy in a multi-stakeholder environment is required.
- Experience in managing activities across teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish are required.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, Google G-Suite, Learning management systems (LMS’s), etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs (Education, Social Science, Economics, and Public Policy).
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or social services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mexican education policies and/or programs. Ability to understand the trends on youth needs and youth training for their insertion in the labor market, especially in Mexico.
- Experience working in Mexico with competency-based education systems, engaging productive sector in workforce development strategies aimed at youth in upper/post-secondary education on multi-year programs preferred.
- Experience working with international donor-funded programs preferred.
- Knowledge of IT training programs.
Mexico City, Mexico. Travel across the country will be required.
Program Director, México FO
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with "Networking Mexico/Google Program Manager, - followed by your name" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico; this position is a local hire position in Mexico.
Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please. International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.