Program Coordinator, US
The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide, is seeking a Part-Time Program Coordinator to support the implementation of a project in Texas aiming to engage local institutions in delivering services and programs that motivate and empower youth, enriching the lives and future prospects of all community members. The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with project management experience and an understanding of and interest in local community development and/or youth programming, and have strong skills in relationship building and management. Knowledge of and/or experience with rural Texas schools and communities is desired. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
To provide technical and operational support to IYF’s community development project focused on improving services and programming for youth in rural Texas schools and communities.
- Under the direction of the Program Manager and in close coordination with the program team in Baltimore, provide support to implement IYF’s programming in Texas to achieve high quality, efficient and impactful program outputs and outcomes for youth in accordance with donor rules and regulations, grant agreements and work plans.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with implementing partners, schools, and community stakeholders and frequently visit partners in DeWitt, Karnes and LaSalle counties, with the Program Manager and independently, to monitor project activities and ensure services are on track.
- Provide support to the management of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems for IYF’s programming in Texas. This includes a) inputting data into IYF’s Salesforce data system; b) coordinating with partners and schools and IYF Baltimore on the collection, uploading and management of youth data; and c) setting up any logistics necessary for evaluation work (e.g. organizing meetings with a consultant or videographer and school staff, etc.). IYF Baltimore to provide support and training on data entry.
- Provide support in the areas of positive youth development, youth-led community service, youth-led advisory committees, private sector engagement, and other areas relevant to IYF’s work as needed. IYF Baltimore to provide support and training.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor rules/regulations to ensure compliance, along with related IYF policies/procedures for procurement, project grants and contracts in particular. Maintain familiarity with all aspects of the project activities in the region to provide ongoing and timely assistance and support.
- Provide administrative support, including coordinating and scheduling appointments, preparing correspondence, organizing project documents/files, and conducting background research.
- Provide logistical support in organizing project workshops and events, which may include arrangement of flights, lodging, meeting spaces, catering, drafting agendas and event collateral.
- Provide ongoing support to the Program Manager and perform other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, make recommendations toward solving problems, and work well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional, team as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently. Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills, which must be effective and courteous.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in using social media for communication is preferred.
- Ability to travel around the South Texas region in personal vehicle on a daily/weekly basis.
- Ability to travel to Baltimore, Maryland, San Antonio, Texas and/or the other LEAPS project site in Western Texas or Louisiana, if needed. Travel to Baltimore or other LEAPS project sites is not anticipated, but may be requested.
- 1-3 years of work experience that is highly relevant to the position (public education, public relations, partnership management, business and administrative support, data management) required. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field is a plus.
- Familiarity with positive youth development programming and/or community development work preferred
- Experience or understanding of rural communities. Familiarity with schools in DeWitt, Karnes and LaSalle counties preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or workforce development preferred. Understanding of Texas K-12 education preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, assessment work (conducting key informant interviews, focus group discussions and surveys) preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, public relations and communications desirable.
Preferred local: DeWitt, Karnes or LaSalle counties of Texas
Program Manager, US (based in DeWitt, Karnes or LaSalle county, Texas)
Please submit the following documents in English by February 28, 2019 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "US- Texas- Coordinator" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer