Program Coordinator, Americas
The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide, is seeking a Program Assistant to support youth programs in the Americas. The ideal candidate will be a fluent Spanish speaker, have strong organizational and administrative support skills and the ability to quickly learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
To provide administrative and operational support to IYF’s programs and partnership development efforts in the Americas region.
- Provide administrative and operational support to assigned programs in the Americas region, including processing payments and other regular support, liaising with local partners, Finance, Administration & IT (FAIT) staff and field staff to ensure overall delivery of program goals.
- Provide general logistical support, including travel arrangements, planning meetings, workshops, offsite events, and stakeholder meetings, and interfacing with vendors, printers, consultants, and others as necessary.
- Assist program staff and partners in the development of grant agreements and contracts. Coordinate processing to ensure timely receipt, approval and payment.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all IYF policies and procedures for grants and contracts.
- Support and facilitate regular communications between all team members, both in Baltimore and field offices.
- Support Project Teams in implementing effective, efficient and successful delivery of projects and programs.
- Conduct specific research and draft reports, as needed, in support of country gap / situation analyses in workforce development, entrepreneurship and employability issues, proposal preparation, communications / marketing materials, and for other regional information needs.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing administrative support and assistance.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish required; Portuguese is a plus.
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, make recommendations toward solving problems, and work well in group problem-solving situations.
- Highly developed interpersonal, listening and communications skills appropriate for efficient and effective collaboration in a multicultural, international environment. High degree of cultural competency; ability to work with a highly diverse team.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team, as well as carry out tasks independently. Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required, as well as attention to detail, reliability, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Proficiency with the full suite of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in field relevant to IYF’s mission and programs preferred.
- Up to 3 years of experience providing administrative and/or operational support preferred.
- Experience living, working and/or studying in and familiarity with Latin America preferred.
Program Manager, Americas
Baltimore, Maryland USA
Please submit the following documents by July 5, 2019 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Program Coordinator-Americas" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.