Program Assistant, MEXICO
The position will support the IYF Jalisco/Mexico team with administrative and logistics tasks for multiple projects in Mexico, mainly in the state of Jalisco. This entails supporting project activities such as: office assistance, team member coordination, event logistics, basic data gathering, cleaning and processing, amongst other required by the projects. The Program Assistant will be based in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, she/he is expected to attend on full-time availability and will operate mostly in an out of office/home office modality.
- Provide support for administrative and programmatic needs related to projects implemented in Jalisco and Mexico.
- Provide administrative, operational and logistical support to all project related activities, including finance, procurement, planning and logistics tasks.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, assist in planning and logistics for technical workshops, offsite meetings and stakeholder events, interfacing with vendors, consultants, and others as necessary.
- Coordinate travel itineraries, airfare ticketing, hotel reservations and other travel logistics for staff, visitors and consultants.
- Provide constant support to the Program team with the different activities related to data gathering, monitoring and evaluation.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure strong coordination between the different activities implemented in Guadalajara.
- Provide support for the development of materials for trainings and other meetings required by the projects.
- Provide technical support and assistance to local partners.
- Provide coordination and support to the operations and administration of the Jalisco team to ensure optimal results in an efficient work environment.
- Keep an updated database of the different projects’ reports.
- Local travel (Gdl. Metro area) to supervise operations and occasionally (10% total time at most) travel to Mexico City or other states in Mexico for other program activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent standard of education.
- 1-2 years of related practical experience in the administrative department with a local or international NGO in Mexico.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with " Program Assistant" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico; this position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.