Monitoring & Evaluation Officer - México
The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide, is seeking a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer to support the M&E team in the follow up of programs in Mexico that will equip young people with skills to secure and maintain employment. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, detail-oriented, with excellent analytic and communication skills and a commitment to global youth development. This full-time position will be based in Mexico City.
- Provide technical and data management support to all aspects of the portfolio to ensure monitoring and evaluation plans are followed in a highly effective manner.
- Design and/or adapt surveys, tools, and forms according to established institutional protocols and monitoring and evaluation plans, ensuring their accurate and timely use.
- Support the development of performance measurement frameworks for Mexico-related proposal development and project implementation efforts (e.g., theories of change, logical frameworks, performance monitoring plans, evaluation and learning plans).
- Support the implementation of the portfolio’s learning strategy. Promote a knowledge management culture by helping staff to regularly use data to report on project progress and learning.
- Monitor the implementation of programs, including the detection and resolution of any obstacles for reaching project targets so that goals are met.
- Manage Mexico program and performance data through IYF’s Systematic Tracking and Organizational Records Management System (STORM), IYF’s management information system built on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Assist with database cleaning and analysis.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance and support to the IYF Mexico team and partners in the accurate use of monitoring and evaluation systems, through regular coaching, data quality audits, monitoring visits, and problem solving, as needed.
- Tabulate and verify data and assist in the development of reports.
- Provide other related support, as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. economics, mathematics, engineering, etc.) or a social science with demonstrated monitoring, evaluation and learning training or specialized coursework.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in related field, including 1 or more years of experience using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methodologies in measurement, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities for program performance. Experience designing impact evaluations and knowledge of/experience with programs that support youth employment and/or social services (e.g. education, health) preferred.
- Experience conducting assessments and using qualitative and quantitate tools (focus group discussions, surveys, interviews). Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize information to inform planning and strategy.
- Knowledge of/experience with programs that support youth employment and education is preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written Spanish and English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated experience using advanced Excel. Familiarity with statistical software (e.g. SPSS, R, STATA, etc.) and data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Power Bi) is strongly preferred.
Mexico City, Mexico
Country Director, México
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with "Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator - México" in the subject line:
- Completed Country Office Application for Employment Form
- Cover Letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Mexico; this position is a local hire position in Mexico.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer