Monitoring & Data Officer, Via Mtwara
POSITION SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Vocational Education and Training Authority (VETA) Mtwara Regional Vocational Training and Services Center, in partnership with IYF, will implement the Via: Pathways to Work program to support young men and women to have access to demand-driven training as well as support services so they can be better prepared to secure and maintain employment. IYF and VETA Mtwara seek to hire an individual to manage the Monitoring & Evaluation aspect of the project. This full-time position will be based at the Mtwara Regional Vocational Training and Services Center in Mtwara, Tanzania.
For more than 25 years, the International Youth Foundation’s (IYF®) sole focus has been to help young people succeed. A global nonprofit organization, IYF believes success in life is secured by earning a livelihood. For most youth that means choosing a career path and landing that first job, while others decide to start their own small businesses or social ventures. Regardless of the road chosen, IYF has been by the side of more than 19.7 million youth in 105 countries empowering them to overcome the obstacles that lie in their way to leading productive, fulfilling lives. IYF is headquartered in Baltimore, USA, with field offices that include Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Provide daily monitoring of project activities and tracking status of beneficiaries during the training and after completion.
- Collect baseline, exit, and other survey data as needed from each young person in a timely manner, using Via forms provided by IYF.
- Ensure collection of ex-post data for a sample of Via youth graduates.
- Input and manage all beneficiaries’ data in the Via database.
- Correct any errors in data collection to ensure data are clean, complete and accurate.
- Share monthly monitoring data by completing a monitoring form shared by IYF.
- Coordinate with VETA Mtwara staff to ensure M&E processes are well understood and data is collected for all relevant youth.
- Support and update information systems, supporting both day-to-day monitoring needs (e.g., recordkeeping) as well as ensuring quality and accuracy of data reports.
- Support analysis of data for the center, to monitor and evaluate training and services, document results, and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Ensure accurate and relevant data is entered into VETA’s organization-wide program management information system designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate data.
- Support development and review of Via and VETA M&E plans, and ensure high-quality implementation of information and reporting systems.
- Generate reports, as requested, and assist with presentations related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Support the Project Manager to develop quarterly reports.
- Share data and analysis on the Center’s outputs and outcomes with VETA Mtwara staff and IYF to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvements.
- Collaborate with the evaluators hired by the Mastercard Foundation to conduct the mid-term external evaluation of the project.
- Assist with any other requested research, including data collection and analysis.
- Keep records of both soft and hard copies of project activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Via.
- Ability to work independently, coordinate activities with other staff and stakeholders, and perform basic calculations.
- Interest in and ability to handle details and be thorough and systematic. Strong organizational skills and time management required.
- Demonstrated coordination, teamwork, and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public, and NGO sectors.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills in Kiswahili and English, including excellent facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work effectively in a complex environment.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, including Work, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelors’ degree in related field.
- 1-3 years in monitoring and evaluation and/or data entry is preferred.
- Experience working on social or youth projects with an NGO or government is desirable.
Mtwara Regional Vocational Training and Services Center in Mtwara, Tanzania
Project Manager, Via Mtwara
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with "Monitoring & Data Officer Mtwara" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
Applications will be reviewed as received. Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please. To be considered for this position, please follow application instructions.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer