Finance Coordinator II - Americas
The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide, is seeking a Finance Coordinator to provide financial and administrative support for assigned project(s). The Finance Coordinator will also support donor compliance processes, grants and contracts administration, and special projects. The incumbent will collaborate closely with IYF’s regional program teams in HQ USA and local teams in IYF’s country office(s) to implement the assigned project(s).
This position requires a proactive individual with positive team spirit, enthusiasm to integrate into a growing and highly dynamic team, and commitment to a collaborative approach in working as part of a global team. The finance function is critical to supporting program delivery. This full-time position will be based in Baltimore, MD, USA.
To provide financial and administrative support, including supporting donor compliance processes, grants and contracts administration, for assigned projects.
- Coordinate financial and administrative processes for the assigned portfolio(s), including financial monitoring support, process training/guidance to Country Office and HQ project staff, working closely with the Regional Finance Manager to maintain updated working budgets and staffing allocations. Provide financial management support, including analyses of financial data, budget analyses, and draft preparation of project financial reports.
- Assist in the monthly and quarterly production of project financial reports. Participate in financial review sessions with project teams. Ensure that all assigned projects are reviewed on a monthly basis by the 20th of each month. Draft project financial reports and flag any variances to Regional Finance Manager.
- Assist the Regional Finance Manager in preparing timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with donor agreements, including compliance with all restricted award regulations and provisions. Analyze expenditure and projections against donor reports on a regular basis for any variances.
- Analyze approval requests to verify calculation and coding accuracy, review financial transactions to ensure they are reasonable, allowable, and allocable per donor regulations, as well as in compliance with IYF policies and procedures. Identify incorrect data and coordinate with project teams to process correctly.
- Perform administrative duties in donor compliance processes. This includes, but is not limited to, scanning supporting documentation and compiling receipts, routing invoice approvals, updating tracking logs, and electronic and/or paper filing.
- Assist in maintaining cost share and/or leverage tracking system, ensuring correct tracking of all cost share and/or leverage managed by IYF and update all related reports for internal purposes.
- Coordinate grants and contracts (G&C) administration. Monitor G&C mailbox, process requests within standard timeframes, and ensure files are complete and updated.
- Support sub-grantee financial management and monitoring, including review of milestones and financial reports for fund disbursements. Assist in grant record maintenance for audits.
- Perform timely data entry and maintenance in databases, including GIFTS (grants and contracts database) and STORM (Salesforce database), to ensure data is accurate to inform decision making.
- Support country office openings, closings and transitions. Assist with trainings as needed.
- Provide support with external audits (global and local) within assigned portfolio.
- Assist with new business development cost proposals as needed.
- Collaborate closely with all team members, both in USA and in assigned field offices; ensure exceptional customer support to regional program teams. Participate in calls and meetings.
- Act as back-up for Regional Finance Manager, as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational and prioritization skills as well as training abilities necessary. Ability to initiate and maintain positive relationships with colleagues based in different countries required.
- Oral and written English & Spanish fluency is required. Knowledge in a major foreign would be an advantage (Portuguese preferred).
- Ability to problem solve, identify and escalate problems/decisions when necessary, and demonstrate creativity and flexibility in addressing various problems.
- Collaborative, tactful, a team player.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally, when needed.
- Excellent listening skills, sense of humor, and positive attitude.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and Power Point presentations required, Adaptive Insights & QuickBooks accounting and reporting package experience a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or International Business preferred; 1+ years of accounting and/or financial experience with international, non-profit organizations, as well as multi-office, multi-national environment.
- Commitment to international development and values-driven work environment.
Regional Finance Manager
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with "Finance Coordinator-Americas" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues, and we welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.