District Field Officers
The International Youth Foundation® (IYF®) stands by, for, and with young people. Founded in 1990 through a generous grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, IYF is a global nonprofit with programs directly benefiting 7.7 million young people and operations spanning 100 countries so far. Together with local community-based organizations and a network of corporate, foundation, and multilateral partners, we connect young people with opportunities to transform their lives. We believe that educated, employed, engaged young people possess the power to solve the world’s toughest problems, and we focus our youth development efforts on three linked objectives: unlocking agency, driving economic opportunity, and making systems more inclusive. Our vision is to see young people inspired and equipped to realize the future they want. The International Youth Foundation: Transforming Lives, Together.
IYF in Zimbabwe is part of the CRS-led consortium implementing the OVC Pathways project in nine (9) districts of Zimbabwe (Lupane, Matobo, Insiza, Nkayi, Guruve, Mazowe, Gweru, Bulawayo and Harare). IYF in this assignment is handling the Household Economic Strengthening (HES) component and will train youth and caregivers in entrepreneurship and business development. Training will be accompanied by business development services that include; business coaching and mentorship, access to finance and technical and input support from select enterprise partners. It is against this background that IYF seeks to recruit five (5) District Field Officers that will oversee implementation of household economic strengthening activities in five (5) districts.
The District Field Officer shall be responsible for particular tasks related to the mobilization of clients, organizing and delivering appropriate HES activities, monitoring of activities, communication and liaisons with district based partners involved in the project and regular reporting to the IYF head office.
Pathways will use economic strengthening, local ownership and leadership, and gender transformation to strengthen the capacity of HIV-affected individuals, house-holds (HH) and communities to progress along pathways out of poverty, along functional service referral pathways, along continuum of care pathways to reach the 90-90-90 targets, and along age and stage appropriate pathways that promote positive child, adolescent, and youth health, wellbeing, and development. Pathways will deliver a child-centered, family-focused, community-based package of evidence-based/informed interventions in the selected nine districts.
- Liaise with the Pathways District CBO and Pathways M&E to mobilize enrolled clients for Household Economic Strengthening (HES) activities in line with individual household case plans
- Plan, organize and facilitate HES activities that include; Enterprise and Business Development trainings, Passport to Success Life Skills Training, Mentorship, Coaching, and Technical and Input support targeting caregivers enrolled under the Pathways Project
- Identify micro business opportunities in the districts of operation and provide clients with guidance on the choice of scalable start-up businesses
- Support youth and caregivers with business plan development during the training period
- Draw up activity reports for each activity conducted and monthly and quarterly reports highlighting achievements, promising practices, challenges and recommended solutions
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a university degree in Entrepreneurship/Business Administration or equivalent.
- Proven experience in facilitating Entrepreneurship & Business Development Trainings and Life skills training
- Proficiency in English and the relevant local language (Shona/Ndebele)
- Ability to ride a motorbike and possession of class 3 motor bike license will be an added advantage
(Guruve, Mazowe, Gweru and Bulawayo x 2), Zimbabwe
Household Economic Strengthening Advisor -Bulawayo (for Bulawayo and Gweru positions) Entrepreneurship Officer -Harare (for Guruve and Mazowe positions)
These opportunities will be for a period of 12months from 01 October 2019 to 30 September 2020.
Please submit the following documents in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "District Office-specify position location (Guruve, Mazowe, Gweru or Bulawayo)" in the subject line:
- Completed Country Office Application for Employment Form
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Zimbabwe; this position is a local hire position in Zimbabwe. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer