New Website Offers Youth-Led Solutions to Global ChallengesRead All Posts
If you are interested in learning about some of the world’s most innovative young leaders—and their solutions to critical global challenges—you need look no further than the new YouthActionNet® website.
A signature program of the International Youth Foundation (IYF), YouthActionNet maintains a vibrant—and growing—network of more than 900 young social entrepreneurs in over 80 countries. Through youthactionnet.org, visitors can now readily access the profiles of these young founders/CEOs, track trends and news through the site’s blog, view webinars offering knowledge and skills, and watch videos of fellows describing their social innovations.
The site features an updated look and feel along with expanded content and functionality, including:
- A searchable database enabling visitors to sort young change-makers and their projects by name, geographic region, issue area, year selected, areas of interest, tactics, and language(s) spoken
- The YouthActionNet blog offering analysis of current trends and reflections by fellows on their social innovations
- Information on the 18 national and regional programs that make up the YouthActionNet global network
- Examples of how fellows are interacting with students around the globe through the program’s University Connect initiative
- Learning opportunities, including previously recorded and upcoming webinars.
Key program metrics, including the number of young leaders served through YouthActionNet, the impact of its training and support, and the growth of its global community.
With the launch of the site, YouthActionNet is pleased to announce its new CHANGE video series, produced with support from the Sylvan/Laureate Foundation. These 3-4 minute video profiles feature young leaders discussing their efforts to prevent suicide among young men in Australia, improve hospital patient care in Peru, promote environmental conservation in India, and more. The series of nearly 30 profiles offers insights into what motivated these young visionaries to take action, their social change solutions, their challenges, and plans for the future. The videos will now be accessible by more than 800,000 students attending Laureate International Universities across the world.
Visitors to the website are encouraged to subscribe to the YouthActionNet mailing list to receive regular updates about fellowship opportunities, webinars, and more.