Free Online Learning Resources for Young People, Educators & Employers During COVID-19Read All Posts
While the world is staying home, we're all having to change how we work and learn. It's obviously not easy, but there's at least one bright side. The COVID-19 pandemic has been showing us how we can come together, even while physically apart. In that spirit, we've compiled the following resources that are either free or offered by a small business or youth-led venture, whom your contribution would benefit.
- Passport to Success Traveler, from IYF with partner The PepsiCo Foundation, offers game-based learning to help you level up in skills like problem-solving and managing conflict. From their tablet or smartphone, users build the skills all employers seek while taking a virtual trip around the world.
Entrepreneurship & Social Change
- Voices of Social Change, from IYF, Laureate International Universities, and B Lab, is offered through Coursera. Learn from young leaders and create your own plan. "The course was exactly what I need to start acting and stop wishing," said one participant in his review.
- All YouthActionNet® webinars, videos, and case studies feature the advice and experience of young social change experts
- Time Management Tips (webinar), from YouthActionNet
- Start Small, Pursue Big Goals (video), from YouthActionNet Fellow Michael Long
- Managing Remote Teams Effectively (webinar), from YouthActionNet
- Good Hustle, from Start Some Good, has associated costs but is offering scholarships and a buy-one-give-one model.
- Startup Strategies During Uncertain Times (webinar, sign-up required), Amazon Web Services
- COVID-19 Resource Guide, Techstars
- 11 Tips for Startup Survival During COVID-19, Techstars
- Embracing the Unknown: Mental Health for Entrepreneurs in Uncertain Times (recorded AMA), Jerry Colonna of Reboot.io and David Brown of Techstars
- COVID-19 Resources for Startups, Pilot
- Guide to Resilient Leadership During the COVID-19 Crisis, Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Media Literacy Mission, from IREX, is a game that helps you learn how to separate fact from fiction, which can help in identifying reliable health-related news and information.
- 5 Tips for Switching to Online Learning, from Faculty Focus
- Overview of extensive existing resources from Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), which offers 200 online college degree programs
- Basics of teaching online (PDF), from SNHU
- Webinars for Educators, from LearningKeepsGoing.org
- Strategies for creating a successful online classroom, from Faculty Focus
- Coronavirus Has Led to a Rush of Online Teaching. Here’s Some Advice for Newly Remote Instructors (podcast), from EdSurge
- How to Accommodate for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in an Online Classroom (PDF), from SNHU
- How to Serve Special Needs Students from Afar, from EdSurge
- When the Tide Goes Out: Identifying and Supporting Struggling Students in Online Courses, from Faculty Focus
- Workforce consultations, from ACT
- Best Practices for Managing Opportunity Youth Talent Remotely (register directly here), from Grads of Life
Science and Mental Health
- COVID-19 informational webinar with Dr. Joel Selanikio of Georgetown University Hospital, from TechChange
- Coronavirus and Mental Health: Taking Care of Ourselves During Infectious Disease Outbreaks, from the American Psychiatric Association
- 3 Keys to Resilience (video), from Mawi Learning and ACT
- The Science of Well-Being, from Yale University on Coursera
- Crisis Text Line (United States), Give a Shout (UK), Kids Help Phone (Canada), Crisis Text Line (Ireland), or message Crisis Text Line on Facebook
- Why You Should Ignore All That Coronavirus-Inspired Productivity Pressure, Chronicle of Philanthropy
- That Discomfort You're Feeling is Grief, Harvard Business Review
- Fighting the Unseen Impacts of COVID-19 (webinar recording), YouthLead
Working, Parenting & Balancing Life in Lockdown
- How to Work from Home Alongside Your Partner without Losing It, NYT Parenting
- Kanban for Kids (or "How I used agile to become a homeschool parent in 24 hours"), Meghan McInerny on LinkedIn
- How Coworkers Are Staying connected While They Work from Home, CNBC
- Tips for Tackling 6 Big Challenges of Remote Work, Trello
We will update this list on an ongoing basis. Please contact email@example.com if you have resources we should consider including.