Public Sector Capacity Building Specialist
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) invests in the extraordinary potential of young people. Founded in 1990, IYF builds and maintains a worldwide community of businesses, governments, and civil society organizations committed to empowering youth to be healthy, productive, and engaged citizens. IYF programs are catalysts for change that help young people obtain a quality education, gain employability skills, make healthy choices, and improve their communities. To learn more visit www.iyfnet.org.
With funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the International Youth Foundation (IYF) is working in partnership with the Jordanian Ministry of Social Development (MOSD) to design and implement a five year holistic youth development program to improve social services and protection for vulnerable populations, with an overarching focus on youth employability and civic engagement. The program will achieve this goal through the delivery of comprehensive community based activities to meet the needs of disadvantaged youth between 5 and 24 years of age that fall under four components: 1) Increased Youth Access to Market-Driven Life, Employability, and Entrepreneurial Skills Training; 2) Provision of Youth Friendly Services; 3) Expanded Civic Engagement of Youth; and 4) Policy Coordination.
- Serve as IYF’s primary day to day liaison with relevant Public Sector personnel on capacity building plans to ensure smooth coordination and effective communication of planned activities.
- Assist Public Sector Manager in the identification of specific interventions and capacity building activities to be carried out for the Public Sector partners; in coordination with Youth for the Future (Y4F) technical support team, develop and oversee the implementation and evaluation of detailed capacity building plans.
- Support the management of capacity building activities for the Ministry, including:
- Ensure the active participation and engagement of key Public Sector partners personnel assigned to support the project, ensuring their support for the implementation of capacity building activities, and their prioritization of these activities.
- Arrange and coordinate schedules and training plans with Public Sector partners personnel for capacity building activities.
- Ensure a regular and structured feedback for Public Sector partners to share lessons learned and provide feedback on trainings and learnings that will then be integrated into the program’s quality assurance process and implementation activities.
- Coordinate with IYF’s capacity building unit to adapt existing capacity building materials and deliver trainings to the Public Sector partners on Y4F’s intervention models as part of the Public Sector partners implementation plan.
- Coordinate with Y4F policy coordination team to ensure that Public Sector partners staff are well engaged and actively contributing to achieving Y4F’s policy objectives.
- Ensure that Y4F’s public sector-related targets under the Y4F Monitoring and Evaluation Plan are met, integrating M&E data into management decision making and capacity building activities, and adjusting work streams as needed to achieve targets.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Reports directly to the Public Sector Capacity Building Manager based in Amman – Jordan
- A bachelor’s degree in Economics, Management, Social Sciences, Communications or a related field is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- 4 – 5 years experience working in a similar position on related public sector youth programming in the region.
- Demonstrated ability in working with public sector partners in capacity building.
- Experience managing multiple work streams and action plans, with demonstrated ability to provide timely deliverables that are in line with the organization’s vision and targets.
- Solid planning skills and sound judgment dealing with implementation challenges and finding solutions.
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs in Jordan and/or the Middle East region preferred.
- Good command of English and Arabic, both oral and written.
Please submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Public Sector Capacity Building Specialist - Jordan" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter