Responsible for the successful financial, compliance and operational delivery of assigned IYF projects.
The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide, is seeking an Operations Coordinator to monitor the financial, compliance and operational delivery of selected projects. The ideal candidate will have three years of experience monitoring projects and/or budgets, be detail-oriented, and be well-suited to work in a fast-paced environment. This full-time position will be based in Baltimore, MD. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
A. Coordinate financial and operational aspects of IYF projects as assigned, liaising with Finance, Administration and IT (FAIT), program and field staff to facilitate delivery of overall program goals and activities.
B. Responsible for all financial and compliance monitoring of assigned projects, reviewing and approving project expenditures to ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations and other terms and conditions specific to IYF’s agreements with its donors.
C. Work with program staff to track and monitor project budgets and assist with the development of annual budgets. Update internal financial management reports and meet regularly with program management staff for briefings on financial progress of assigned programs.
D. With assistance from supervisor, Director of Compliance and CFO, conduct the financial and compliance components of sub-agreements.
- Develop and negotiate grantee budgets.
- Prior to finalizing a grant agreement, work with Compliance and Grants and Contracts staff to determine disbursement schedules, special conditions and reporting requirements; assist with finalizing the grant agreement as needed.
- Monitor grantees in their compliance with terms and conditions of their agreements and their expenditures against the agreement budget, including review of financial reports and approval of expenditures and disbursements.
- Make site visits to offer technical assistance and training, conduct audits and to monitor adherence to special conditions stipulated in grant agreements.
- Ensure proper closeout of grant agreements, including the receipt of all required documentation and analysis and reconciliation of the grant’s ending financial position.
E. Maintain regular communications with project related field staff and facilitate communications between field and Baltimore staff.
- Track and monitor budget of field offices under assigned projects, assist in development of annual budgets and provide monthly update reports. Review monthly project reports with program staff to capture any necessary re-classes due to data errors in the field office accounting process.
- Refer accounting and HR issues to FAIT Field Office unit and all programmatic issues to the VP of Programs or the program manager.
- Manage the opening and closing of field offices, working closely with supervisor, Field Office Unit and program staff.
- Responsible for managing field office compliance with both IYF and donor policies.
F. Maintain cost share and/or leverage tracking system. Ensure correct tracking of all cost share and/or leverage in projects. Develop and manage reporting system for cost share/leverage raised and expensed in the field. Create all related reports for internal and external purposes.
G. Work with other projects within the Finance Department as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and/or supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree required; emphasis in accounting, finance, or related area preferred.
- 3+ years relevant work experience preferred. Experience with nonprofit accounting preferred.
- Familiarity with OMB circulars A-110, A122, and A-133 desired but not necessarily required. Experience working with USAID desired.
- Experience developing, monitoring and/or managing budgets and/or projects.
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Attention to detail, reliability, thoroughness and accuracy with numbers.
- Proven organizational skills necessary to manage multiple responsibilities. Ability to establish priorities for effective time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to foster and work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to take initiative, and be creative, reliable and flexible are critical.
- Ability to use good judgment, exercise discretion, assume responsibility, and work under minimum supervision.
- Interpersonal skills appropriate to operating in a multicultural, international environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English are required. Ability to communicate in another language is a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Excellent computer software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, as well as any accounting software.
Baltimore, MD USA
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
Please submit all of the following documents with “OPSCOORD” followed by your name in the subject line, to email@example.com:
- Completed IYF US Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
About the International Youth Foundation:
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) is a global nonprofit organization that works with the business, government, and civil society sectors in 70 countries to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide. Founded in 1990, IYF equips today's youth with the necessary skills to be healthy, productive and civically engaged individuals. To deepen its impact, IYF scales up effective and sustainable programs that are making a lasting difference in young lives. IYF receives support from bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, companies, foundations and individuals.
International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.