Director, New Media
The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide, is seeking a creative, entrepreneurial, strategic, highly-motivated, and detail-oriented individual to join our team as Director New Media. This person will conceive, develop, and implement effective social and digital strategies and initiatives in support of the organization’s overall communications and marketing goals and provide strategic counsel in the development of proposals for the effective integration of social and digital solutions into IYF’s youth development programming. This full-time position will be based in Baltimore, MD. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
- To lead the effort to conceptualize, develop, and ultimately implement an institutional new media strategy that effectively integrates multiple digital and social platforms across the organization and its programs to further institutional goals.
- To manage all day-to-day new media efforts to ensure that all such initiatives are executed with highest quality and in a timely manner through planning, start-up, implementation, and maintenance phases.
- To build and develop an exceptional new media team by mentoring, coaching, educating staff volunteers and managing direct reports.
- To work closely with senior management and management advisory teams to advance overall business objectives through superior utilization of new media tools.
- To provide timely and appropriate strategic guidance and counsel to business development and program staff that will assist them in developing new business proposals and implementation plans that leverage social and digital tools in support of programmatic goals and objectives.
- To educate and train fellow staff on emerging social and digital services, solutions, and strategies.
- To work collaboratively with creative and editorial colleagues to deliver superior visual and editorial on-line messaging for all new media initiatives that conform to IYF visual and editorial guidelines.
- To monitor and evaluate effectiveness of new media initiatives through the use of on-line measurement tools such as Google analytics and others.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of on-line PR/marketing and social media experience, including at least 3 years developing and implementing on-line strategy at an institutional level.
- A deep knowledge and hands-on experience with social and digital platforms and solutions, and an ability to stay abreast of latest developments in a rapidly expanding field.
- A demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful social media and on-line marketing initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to find viable solutions to complicated problems in a flexible, time-sensitive and creative manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines is essential.
- Solid “troubleshooting” skills and sound judgment in dealing with implementation challenges.
- Experience working in a mission-driven, non-profit organization is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional and sometimes multi-national teams of diverse actors to produce results.
- Strong communication skills. Excellent command of English.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Web building experience, in Drupal, is a plus.
Baltimore, MD USA
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
Please submit all of the following documents with “DIR-NM” followed by your name, in the subject line to email@example.com:
- Completed IYF US Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
About the International Youth Foundation:
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) is a global nonprofit organization that works with the business, government, and civil society sectors in 70 countries to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide. Founded in 1990, IYF equips today's youth with the necessary skills to be healthy, productive and civically engaged individuals. To deepen its impact, IYF scales up effective and sustainable programs that are making a lasting difference in young lives. IYF receives support from bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, companies, foundations and individuals.
International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.