Program Manager, Morocco
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) is a global non-profit organization, working in over 80 countries and territories to improve the conditions and prospects for young people where they live, work and play. Established in 1990 to bring worldwide resources to young people in need, IYF works with hundreds of companies, foundations and civil society organizations to strengthen and “scale-up” existing programs that are making a positive and lasting difference in young lives. Over the past 20 years, IYF and its global network of in-country partners have helped millions of young people gain access to the life skills, education, health information, job training and opportunities critical to their success.
The Program Officer will support the implementation of IYF’s local capacity building and training activities in Morocco. The purpose of this position is to provide technical support to local NGO partners and build their capacity to design, implement, and report on youth employability, entrepreneurship, and service learning activities as IYF sub-grantees; oversee program monitoring, reporting, and evaluation; and assist the Country Director/Chief of Party in all aspects of starting up and managing the country office. The Program Officer will be based in Rabat and will be responsible for supporting program implementation on a full-time basis. Hiring for this position is contingent upon IYF securing funding from USAID for this activity and USAID’s approval of the final candidate for this position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/SPECIFICE DUTIES
- Work closely with the Morocco Country Director and IYF Regional Program Director to support the implementation of IYF youth programs in Morocco to achieve program outputs and outcomes in accordance with donor expectations, grant agreements, and work plans.
- Provide technical input into the design and implementation of program activities in collaboration with the Morocco Country Director, IYF Baltimore staff, donor(s), and local Moroccan partners, including young people.
- Aid in overseeing sub-grants to partners including due diligence documentation, budgeting, disbursements, technical and capacity building support, etc. to ensure successful program delivery.
- Conduct site visits to NGO partners to provide capacity building training, assess project design and implementation, and monitor results.
- Ensure that partners are familiar with IYF, USAID, and other relevant donor reporting requirements and submit timely quarterly programmatic and financial reports.
- Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, identifying and addressing challenges facing the program, and articulating the program’s success in meeting objectives.
- Assist with start-up and management of day-to-day operations of the Morocco country office.
- Other programmatic duties as assigned by the Country Director or IYF Baltimore staff.
Reports to the Chief of Party, to be based in Rabat.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A University Degree in a relevant field strongly preferred. A Master’s Degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working on youth employment/ entrepreneurship programming in the region.
- Demonstrated ability to find viable solutions to complicated problems in a flexible, time-sensitive and creative manner.
- Experience in successfully working with the public sector, the private sector, and/or civil society, community based organizations, local communities, local government, and donors and in developing effective capacity building methods.
- Solid “trouble-shooting” skills and sound judgment in dealing with partners experiencing implementation challenges.
- Experience in working on public or private sector funded programs in Morocco and/or the Middle East region.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID reporting and regulations.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office applications, including spreadsheet (Excel), word processing (Word) and presentations (PowerPoint) software.
- Good command of French, Arabic and English oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines. Experience reporting clearly and comprehensively on a complex portfolio of activities.
- Must be able to travel frequently within Morocco.
- Moroccan nationals encouraged to apply.
Please submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Morocco – Program Manager" and your name in the subject line:
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.