Chief of Party, Morocco
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) is a global non-profit organization, working in over 80 countries and territories to improve the conditions and prospects for young people where they live, work and play. Established in 1990 to bring worldwide resources to young people in need, IYF works with hundreds of companies, foundations and civil society organizations to strengthen and “scale-up” existing programs that are making a positive and lasting difference in young lives. Over the past 20 years, IYF and its global network of in-country partners have helped millions of young people gain access to the life skills, education, health information, job training and opportunities critical to their success.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide strategic guidance and leadership for International Youth Foundation’s (IYF’s) prospective programming to address the needs of at-risk youth in Morocco. The COP will be based in Morocco and be responsible for overseeing overall program implementation on a full-time basis. Important program responsibilities include coordinating technical, legal and professional capacity building assistance to Youth Serving Institutions (YSIs) and beneficiaries; ensuring proper oversight of IYF personnel, financial management and administration; and coordinating with other stakeholders in the region to ensure that IYF leverages effective resources in implementing project initiatives. The COP will serve as the daily liaison with USAID and other key stake holders. The Chief of Party will also be responsible for establishing strong local and international partnerships and ongoing communication with the appropriate donor representatives. S/he will directly supervise the Financial and Administration Manger, Grants Manager, Program Manager and other staff. Hiring for this position is contingent upon IYF securing funding from USAID for this activity and USAID’s approval of the final candidate for this position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Provide overall management of the program, and oversight of staff and partners responsible for design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop program’s strategic vision, in collaboration with USAID, IYF/Baltimore staff, and key Moroccan stakeholders, including young people.
- Ensure fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners.
- Oversee the development of capacity building plans and the strengthening and overall management of local partners.
- Identify opportunities for scaling up projects and oversees project design.
- Successfully engage private sector partners to commit to provide resources and volunteers to support projects funded by IYF.
- Act as the primary point of contact with program funders, including USAID Morocco; maintains good relationships and is responsive to their priorities and needs.
- Act as the primary liaison to Moroccan government partners.
- Oversee continuous program learning and ensures integration of M&E system data into management decision-making and policy advocacy.
- Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, updating on developmental challenges facing the program, and articulating the program’s success in meeting deliverables.
- Represent IYF and overall program interests at local, national and regional meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Supervise staff as assigned.
Reports to the Director, North Africa Programs based in Baltimore.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Workforce Development, Education or a closely related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing, implementing, and managing complex youth development programs, especially those focused on developing models for the inclusion of disaffected youth and creating viable deterrents to anti-social behavior and extremist ideologies.
- Experience as a COP, Deputy COP or similar senior level experience on a large donor-funded program preferred.
- Experience working with USAID and other donors in Morocco and/or the MENA region.
- Experience in Morocco and the MENA region with a broad network of contacts in the public and private sector.
- Demonstrated ability to find viable solutions to complicated problems in a flexible, time-sensitive and creative manner.
- Experience in successfully working with the public sector, the private sector, civil society, community based organizations, local communities, local government and donors and in developing effective capacity building methods.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage and motivate teams.
- Solid “troubleshooting” skills and sound judgment in dealing with partners experiencing implementation challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French, English and Arabic.
- Experience reporting clearly and comprehensively on a complex portfolio of activities.
- Moroccan nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Morocco - COP" and your name in the subject line:
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.