Grants Manager, Morocco
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) is a global non-profit organization, working in over 80 countries and territories to improve the conditions and prospects for young people where they live, work and play. Established in 1990 to bring worldwide resources to young people in need, IYF works with hundreds of companies, foundations and civil society organizations to strengthen and “scale-up” existing programs that are making a positive and lasting difference in young lives. Over the past 20 years, IYF and its global network of in-country partners have helped millions of young people gain access to the life skills, education, health information, job training and opportunities critical to their success.
The primary responsibility of this position will be the management and administration of grants that support program implementation, strategies and goals of programming to serve the needs of at-risk youth in Morocco. This position will provide oversight to capacity building support of Youth Serving Institutions (YSIs) to improve operating infrastructure with a focus of enhancing the management and financial systems of these organizations. This position must assure the full cycle grants process compliance with IYF policies and USAID rules and regulations, from procurement and solicitation through reporting and monitoring requirements. The Grants Manager will serve as the main IYF point of contact for local grantee organizations on financial and operational matters related to grant management. Hiring for this position is contingent upon IYF securing funding from USAID for this activity and USAID’s approval of the candidate for this position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Responsible for management and administration of IYF grant activities in Morocco.
- Ensure grant activities comply with IYF Policies and USAID Rules and Regulations.
- Provide capacity building support to grantees, including training to enhance financial management systems, budgets, and reporting requirements under both IYF grant agreements and USAID rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement grant procurement, solicitation and selection activities that are coordinated with and amongst IYF staff in Morocco and Baltimore, and consistent with IYF and USAID policies.
- Coordinate and monitor the financial management of grants through regular site visits, periodic reviews and tests of transactions, and analysis of financial and administrative reports.
- Review grantee financial and administrative reports and works with grantee to correct and finalize reports as necessary.
- Interface with IYF/Baltimore staff to ensure appropriate and timely grant disbursements.
- Provide regular updates to IYF on grantee compliance, risks and challenges that may arise and offers solutions accordingly.
- Maintain and manages records of grant agreements including paper and electronic files, an inventory of all agreements, and a schedule of dates and deadlines relevant to those agreements.
- Assist Chief of Party and other staff in preparing reports, capacity building plans, etc.
- Coordinate as necessary on overall implementation of grants activities in Morocco.
This position will report directly to a Chief of Party based in Morocco.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree and at least 5 years of experience managing sub-grant programs in Morocco or the MENA region.
- Minimum of 7 years experience working on sub-grant management and administration for development programs with international, non-profit organizations (larger than $5 million), as well as multi-office, multi-national environment. Experience in Morocco/the MENA region preferred.
- Substantial experience on USAID-funded contracts/cooperative agreements, including USAID policy, procedural and reporting requirements. Good understanding of USAID Rules and Regulations, specifically procurement, is required.
- Thorough and working knowledge of complete grant making cycle is required, from procurement through monitoring and close out.
- Demonstrated project and budget management experience. Experience in grant program design, including design and oversight of RFAs, capacity building with local organizations, and grants administration and monitoring required.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities. Accuracy with numbers, extreme attention to detail and thoroughness are critical.
- Excellent time management, organizational, multi-tasking and leadership skills. Ability to identify and establish priorities and meet tight deadlines. Flexibility to work effectively in periods of high pressure is required.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to make judgments, assume responsibility for follow through, and learn and work independently as well as in a collegial manner with minimal direction.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, grantees and stakeholders. Communication must be effective and courteous, requiring high integrity when dealing with restricted and/or highly confidential information. Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace.
- General familiarity with political, economic and social issues in Morocco. Ability to adjust to shifting political circumstances and facilitate operating parameters accordingly.
- Excellent oral and written English, French, and Arabic fluency required.
Please submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Morocco – Grants Manager" and your name in the subject line:
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.