Finance & Administration Manager
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) is a global non-profit organization, working in over 80 countries and territories to improve the conditions and prospects for young people where they live, work and play. Established in 1990 to bring worldwide resources to young people in need, IYF works with hundreds of companies, foundations and civil society organizations to strengthen and “scale-up” existing programs that are making a positive and lasting difference in young lives. Over the past 20 years, IYF and its global network of in-country partners have helped millions of young people gain access to the life skills, education, health information, job training and opportunities critical to their success.
The primary responsibility of this position will be accounting/financial management and office administration of the IYF Morocco office under the technical supervision of the Director, Field Office Finance and Administration at IYF-Baltimore. The Finance and Administration Manager shall be responsible for overseeing the administrative and financial management, accountability requirements and human resources management of the office in Morocco. This position must assure the contractual integrity of all agreements entered into by the office, managing the procurement process and looking out for the interests of the organization. The Manager will provide technical assistance to staff in implementing and complying with financial and administrative procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and serve as the financial liaison to IYF-Baltimore, local NGOs, other implementing partners and implementing units. Hiring for this position is contingent upon IYF securing funding from USAID for this activity and USAID’s approval of the candidate for this position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Ensure compliance and consistency with IYF policies and procedures, as well as compliance with the terms and conditions of any donor agreements.
- Record and accounts for daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation serving as evidence of transactions.
- Ensure sound cash management of local bank accounts and maintains petty cash fund.
- Process cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels.
- Process payroll, remits tax and other government contributions and reports to local agencies.
- Responsible for full accounts payable function from procurement through payment of invoices.
- Process employee expense reimbursements.
- Ensure timely payment to all IYF payees and maintains sufficient and complete payee files.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for IYF Baltimore and internal management reports for the Country Director containing budget to actual expenditure information.
- Perform month-end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory lists, etc.
- Responsible for procurement activities in accordance with IYF procurement policy.
- Prepare and submits reports and filings in compliance with local government laws.
- Provide assistance to program staff and project budget preparation.
- Responsible for all matters related to the operations and administration.
- Ensure registration requirements are kept current at all times and files statutory returns and renewals.
- Manage leases to make sure they are current and amendments are processed as required.
- Oversee administration of human resources, including but not limited to, maintaining personnel files, assisting with recruitments and orientation procedures, purchasing and maintaining adequate health and other insurance policies, etc.
- Manage local information technology contract ensuring infrastructure needs are met, including properly functioning IT equipment, routine maintenance, security over IT (anti-virus software and regular backups).
- Maintain finance and administration files.
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the Director, Field Office Finance and Administration at IYF-Baltimore.
Technical supervision and oversight of finance, accounting and administration duties will be provided by the Director, Field Office Finance and Administration at IYF-Baltimore.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years experience working in the Country Finance Officer role on accounting/financial management of development programs with international, non-profit organizations (larger than $5 million), as well as multi-office, multi-national environment. Experience in region. Other overseas office experience preferable.
- Three to five years experience providing administrative support to an international organization, including dealing with good procurement, contracts management, and HR related matters.
- Substantial financial management experience on USAID contracts/cooperative agreements, including USAID policy, procedural and reporting requirements.
- Experience in financially managing USAID-funded grant programs.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks multi-currency accounting software (field based accounting).
- Experience with computerized accounting and strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written English, French and Arabic fluency required. Proficiency in local/other language a plus.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree or recognized professional degree, such as CPA.
- Knowledge of U.S., IFRS, and local accounting practices and relevant laws.
Please submit all of the following documents via email to email@example.com with “Morocco – F&A Manager” noted in the subject box:
International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.