Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, Morocco
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) is a global non-profit organization, working in over 80 countries and territories to improve the conditions and prospects for young people where they live, work and play. Established in 1990 to bring worldwide resources to young people in need, IYF works with hundreds of companies, foundations and civil society organizations to strengthen and “scale-up” existing programs that are making a positive and lasting difference in young lives. Over the past 20 years, IYF and its global network of in-country partners have helped millions of young people gain access to the life skills, education, health information, job training and opportunities critical to their success.
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer will manage the monitoring and evaluation of programming to serve the needs of at-risk youth in Morocco. The M&E Officer will provide day-to-day management of program monitoring and evaluation activities, working with program staff, external consultants, and implementing and key stakeholders in diverse technical areas including workforce development/employment, the prevention of anti-social behavior (including, for example, crime, drug use and extremist activities) among at-risk youth populations and gender. With these data, the M&E Officer will plan and execute program outreach activities in a proactive manner with minimal direction from the supervisor, while keeping the supervisor informed of progress against deliverables. The M&E Officer will work closely with M&E technical specialists based in IYF’s headquarters in Baltimore, MD, USA. Hiring for this position is contingent upon IYF securing funding from USAID for this activity and USAID’s approval of the final candidate for this position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Provide overall management for the design and implementation of the program’s M&E system, working closely with external consultants (both internationally and locally) as well as implementing partners and providing progress updates to the Chief of Party, donors and key stakeholders.
- Serve as the primary point person for all monitoring and evaluation related work.
- Work closely with external M&E consultants to ensure the development of an overarching M&E Plan for the program, including a detailed Performance Monitoring Plan with associated indicators.
- Manage the information-gathering process for quarterly and annual results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers, presentations, etc. for various audiences as needed.
- Document good practices, lessons learned trends, cross-cutting policy and implementation issues, etc.
- Serve as an in-house journalist researching and collecting content and stories about the project’s achievements.
Reports directly to the Chief of Party based in Rabat, Morocco
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- A Graduate degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Workforce Development, Education, Social Sciences, or a closely related field, is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing monitoring and evaluation and activities in a multi-stakeholder environment, monitoring program performance, and carrying out evaluations. Knowledge of/experience with programs that support youth employment and/or social services (e.g. education, health) preferred.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation of programs in Morocco and/or the larger MENA region.
- Experience with USAID programs and systems/regulations preferred.
- Experience successfully working with public sector, civil society organizations in designing, managing and/or implementing M&E systems with related capacity building support.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to translate academically-oriented ideas into clear, concise, and interesting communications pieces targeting a non-academic audience.
- Experience reporting clearly and comprehensively on a complex portfolio of activities.
- Strong computer skills particularly with one or more types of data analysis and management software (e.g., Excel, SPSS, Atlas, Nvivo).
- Good command of English, French and Arabic, both oral and written, is required.
- Moroccan nationals are encouraged to apply.
Please submit the following documents via email to email@example.com with "Morocco – M&E Officer" and your name in the subject line:
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.